Cleaning & Maintenance
Your Silestone countertop brings exceptional beauty and durability to any space. Consistent cleaning habits of your surface are important to ensure its longevity.
Very hot pots and pans should never be placed on stone surfaces as they may cause serious damage to the appearance of the material. It is always recommended to use a hot pad or trivet when placing hot objects on the surface.
DO NOT use cleaners such as de-greasers, oven cleaners or bleach on your countertop. If this type of product comes into contact with your surface, remove promptly with a damp cloth and dry.
VIM® Actifizz® multi-purpose spray easily cuts through everyday dirt around the home. Thanks to its effervescent technology, you can fizz away dirt and keep your Silestone quartz countertop gleaming.
- Works on:
- Everyday soap scum
- Food residues
Do not use water repellents or sealants to bring out the luster
- Once it has been installed, the sheen on Silestone is the natural sheen/luster of the product itself
- Sealants and water repellents provide an artificial, ephemeral shine.
- Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda, or products with a ph of more than 10.
- If bleach or solvent is used, it should be diluted with water and never left in permanent contact with the product.
Bleach and Solvent
Bleach and solvent can continue to affect the product 12 hours later.
- Do not use chlorine-based products like dichloromethane (present in paint stripper)
- The surface of the material should not be re-polished - either on floors or on a countertop.
- Do not use degreasing agents such as those used in oven cleaners.
- Keep Silestone separate from sources of heat (deep-fat fryers, etc.).
Although Silestone can withstand high temperatures for short periods of time, its performance varies with respect to different factors like thickness, color, location, etc. For this reason, it is not recommended that the product be exposed to sustained contact with a heat source, nor should hot saucepans, frying pans, deep-fat fryers, etc be placed on it. The use of a hot pad or trivet is recommended in such situations.
Do not place Silestone outdoors or in places with UV lighting.
- Over the years the colour and shade of Silestone products may suffer from the effect of the sun's rays.
- We always recommend placing hot objects on top of hot pads.
High Resistance: Acids, oils, coffee, wine, soft drinks, etc.
Do not use, under any circumstance: Hydrofluoric acid, dichloromethane, NaOH - caustic soda or paint strippers.
Bleach: Do not use for maintenance. When this product remains on the surface for more than 12 hours, it may lose its sheen.
Alkaline cleaning products with Ph>12: Do not use for maintenance: when this product remains on the surface for more than 12 hours, it may lose its sheen.
Trichloroethylene: May be used to remove a specific stain.
Acetone: May be used to remove a specific stain.
Paint thinners: May be used to remove a specific stain.